Sunday 4 May 2014

New Skin Care Routine



I've recently purchased some products from the Tea Tree range from The Body Shop, which I have heard soooo many good things about. So I thought I would post a blog on my skin care routine :) 


My Skin Type 
I've always had oily acne prone skin. It's not even funny how shiney my face gets if I dont touch up throughout the day! I've been to the doctors and referred to the dermatology clinic at the hospital, tried various creams/gels/antibiotics and although my skin did get a little bit better for a while nothing has been able to get rid of my breakouts/blemishes completely. I also have scarring from previous acne. 


Previous Skin Care Routine 
The dermatology clinic recommended a face brand called Eucerin, which is sold at Boots.
 I gave it ago and used it for about 3 years in total. I used the whole brand, face scrub, cleanser, toner, moisturise cream, night cream, and a  serum. My breakouts were less frequent and my skin was a hell of a lot better! Until recently when I've been having these outbreaks of a few spots at a time, and if you have acne prone skin you know how annoying it can be! So 3 years on and still having regular breakouts I decide it was time for a change.




Current skin care routine
I researched into the Tea Tree brand at The Body Shop. The range is especially for people with oily/blemish prone skin. All the reviews were more or less 5/5. Everyone said how amazing the brand was and how they had used loads of different skin care brands and tea tree is the only thing that's worked. Obviously there was odd person who said it didn't work at all, but the majority were great reviews. At the time I had a voucher with 40% off so I purchased all the products I needed! I've been using these products for around 2 weeks. I think I'm slowly seeing improvements, the scaring on my face seems to have faded a little. I am still getting break outs but going to give it a bit more time before I make my mind up! However so far I love how they feel on my skin! 

1) Tea Tree Squeaky Clean Scrub - I use this when I feel my skin needs abit of a boost. Mainly if I've had a full face of make up. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and fresh, it does tingle abit after but that's what I love! 

2) Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. I use this each morning and night. Leaves your face feeling so fresh and I love the smell. 

3) Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner. I use this every morning and every night after I've used the Facial Wash. Feels tingly and warm at first but I guess that's how you know it's working. 

4) Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. This is the moisturising cream, I apply this in a morning to a fresh clean face! It's good as a primer too, also helps keep my face matte throughout the day. I love using this as a moisturising cream because it has tea tree in it so it's still going to be helping your skin even though I then put make up on. 

5) Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. I apply this at night before I go to bed! Honestly thought after the first night of using this my skin looked better! 

6) Tea Tree Face Mask. I've had this a few months before I purchased the rest of the products. It's the best face mask I've ever used, you can really feel it getting into your pores. It does feel warm and tingly at first but it soon dies down. After you've washed it off your face feels tight and clean! I love it. It certainly helps my blemishes keep at bay too! 

After I purchased all of the above products, about a week later I went back to the body shop for more! 

7) Tea Tree Pore Minimser. I don't know why I didn't purchase this the first time round. I think it's important to have that barrier between your skin and make up, and since this has tea tree in it I figured it would be good for my skin even though il be applying foundation over the top. I think it has minimised my pores a little bit! It makes my foundation go on so smooth.

8) Tea Tree Oil (forgot to include it in the picture) I picked up the pore tea tree oil to apply directly to blemishes to see if it helps them disappear any quicker then the gel I have been prescribed from the doctors! It stings when you apply it but same as I said before that's how you know it's actually doing something. If I apply this the night before to a blemish it keeps it at bay.

I also picked up another Skin Clearing lotion and also Blemish Fade Night lotion as I only purchased the smaller Skin Clearing Lotion to begin with and didn't think it would last me that long so I got the regular size one aswell! And it was 3 for 2 in body shop and I also had a 40% off voucher so I picked up another Blemish Fade lotion cause I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment