Friday 1 August 2014

Make Up Haul ♡



Over the past month I have purchased quite abit of make up. I thought I would put it all together and do a blog about my new products. Some of these products I have used already but some haven't been opened yet!
So the products I have used I will give a little review as to what I think of them so far :) I will also show pictured of swatches!
I'm going to try and do them in the order I purchased them!

Loreal Infallible Foundation. I purchased this at my local Boots store, it was on clearance at £6 but I'm not sure what the originally price was but I'm guessing double the amount I paid! They only had one shade left which was 235 Honey, and since I fake tan I thought I can make this work! I've used it several times and I loooooove it. This foundation claims to be a long lasting foundation (16hour) it says it's all day Radience. I don't know if it does last 16 hours I've never had foundation on that long! But it's excellent coverage, and I'm someone who loves a full coverage foundation. The colour matches me when I'm tanned. I deffo recommend trying this out! I love this more than my loreal true match.

Next few things I purchased in Duty Free at the airport and on the airplane when I was on my holidays. 
I picked up 3 MAC Lipsticks in the shades, Candy Yum Yum, Up The Amp and Snob. I've wanted Candy Yum Yum for soooo long but never dared buy it as the colour is so bright. I wore this on my holidays and I loved it. A great bright pink. I bought Up The Amp cause I don't have a lipstick this colour in my collection and wanted something more Vampy looking. I've only worn it twice but when it's autumn/winter it will be deffo getting more use! And Snob is just the nicest soft pink shade ever, it's abit similar to Saint Germain but abit lighter. And to be honest I prefer the colour of Snob. It's a great every day lipstick. Again I also wore this on holiday. It pairs well with a smokey eye! 


Off the air plane I got the HD Brow Palette. I umm'ed and arr'ed about this and thought why not. It's actually getting cray how many brow products I own now. So in this palette you get a high light shade, dark blonde shade, medium brown shade, carbon and a wax. Mines in the shade 002 foxy but on the airplane there wasn't any other choices. I paid £20 for this on the plane but in the shops/internet I believe it's £25. I use this every single day, so I'm not too fussed about the price I paid. I don't use the highlight shade I feel it's abit too dark as I like a light highlight. The brush you get with this palette is amazing! My new favourite HG brow product! 


MAC Palette 
Eeeeek. When I came back from my holidays I treated myself to a MAC palette. And within a week or so it was more or less full! I became obsessed. Top row is Shroom, Texture, Rice Paper & Jest. Second row is Rule, Expresso, Embark and Carbon. Third row is Expensive Pink, Amber Lights, Bronze and Mulch. Every time I do my eye make up I reach for this palette. It's one of my best purchases! It's going out be great if I go on holiday/away for the weekend as it's so compact. So happy I went ahead and got one. My Favorite shades are Rule, this is so nice for warming up the crease. Expensive Pink, so nice on the lid and Shroom, I use this as a brow highlight. 


I was on the hunt for a good blending eye brush, I was so tempted to get MACs 217 but I browsed amazon first and came across this brush with really good reviews, also saying how they were going to buy the 217 and are glad they purchased this instead. It's by a brand called Lydia Professional. It was £1.98 or something like that and delivery was really quick. It's quite a big blending brush but it blends together so evenly. 


I am a Avon rep so I always normally end up buying stuff for myself too! I got the Avon Ideal flawless Foundation. It was on sale at £6, normally £12. Because it was on sale there was only 2 shades available, I got the shade golden cause like the Loreal one I thought it would be fine once I'm tanned. I've used this a couple of times on nights out and so far I really like the coverage, I normally mix it with another foundation just because it is abit dark. It comes with a pump which is always a plus! So far I'm really liking it and will continue to use :) 


Anastacia Contour Kit 
I caved! I just had too. And now I can finally see what all the hype is about. I've only used it twice to set my under eye concealer using the banana shade (top middle shade) and to contour I used the fawn shade (bottom middle shade) I wanna keep playing around with this until I get used to it and figure out which brushes are best to use with it to get the best results. But I'm so glad I got it! Another addiction to my make up fam. Oh also I got this off Cult Beauty I will leave the link below!

Beauty Blender 
I always told myself I would never buy a Beauty Blender because it they were £20 for one but also cause my Real Techniques sponge did the job perfectly. But every one uses it and swears by them. I came across mine on amazon for £12. So I was sold already, I ordered this same time as the blending brush. If I can find both sellers on amazon I will link them below! I've used it a few times now, and I love it so much! It's just so much easier applying your foundation with a sponge in my opinion. It blends together so evenly and the coverage this beauty blender gives is amazing. It cleans so easy aswell! The foundation always comes out and I only use baby shampoo.

Maybelline Instant Anti Age Concealer 
This Concealer is for under the eyes, claiming to conceal dark circles and fine lines. To be honest I didn't buy this to conceal dark circles or fine lines I bought it to highlight my under eye area. Cause I've seen so many people rave about this. It's not my favorite concealer to use under my eyes but I like to mix it with my MAC prep and prime highlighting pen in Light Boost. I got the lightest shade and I still find it's abit dark? I do like it thought and will continue to use it! £7.99

Rimmel London lipstick in the shade 250 Birthday Suit 
This is my favorite nude lipstick ATM! It's a nude with a bit if Bronzey shimmer in it which I haven't got it in any of my other lipsticks so wanted to try it! And I really like it! £4.99

Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 03 
This is more of a darker nude and comes off more of a pinkish nude on the lips. I like to use this as base then apply the 250 Rimmel lipstick. I really love it ATM it's my go to lip combo! Originally price £5.49 but they had a offer in boots where I got it half price!

I popped into Superdrug the other day for Some Mouthwash and came out with make up. Shock horror! 
I picked up 3 items from MUA Cosmetics 

Red Drama Lip liner. I've been looking for a red lip liner everywhere and other than MAC I just couldn't find one. I'm so glad I found this cause it was only a £1! Which beats paying £12 for a MAC one. I mainly wanted it to use with my Ruby Woo lipstick. Cause applying red lipstick is tricky enough as it is so I thought a lip liner will help me get the application a lot better! I'm yet to use it. However I've had MUA lip liners in the past and for £1 you really can't complain. They do the job!

The next product I saw really caught my eye! 
It's the new Undress Your Skin shimmering highlighter in the shade Iridesent Gold. I saw this and I was like oooooohhh, so pretty. I already own the other highlighter by MUA. This was £3 I believe! And omg look how pretty it is! I'm all about that highlightttttt.

MUA Pro Brow Ultimate Eye Brow Kit 
Seriously, me buying brow products as to stop! This was £3 I think and you get 2 brow shades, a wax and a highlight shade. You also get a cute little pair of tweezers. It comes with a big mirror which is great if your on the go! You can get different shades, I got the fair to medium pallete. Let's see how it compares to my HD brow pallete! Seeing as the price difference is huuuuge.

Next two things are from Maybelline. 

Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I think the reviews I've read about this primer is you either love it or you hate it. Some people have compared it to the Porefessional by Benefit which is supposed to be amazing. This says its a light weight primer which makes your pores appear instantly erased. I hope I like it and hope it doesn't make my skin greasy! This was £7.99 

Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur 
This is a new product by Maybelline! Really excited to try this. I've seen alot of YouTube beauty gurus talk about the loreal miracle blur cream but I don't know if the one we have in UK is the same. So if this blurs your skin tone for even looking skin I love it already! It says it's a lightweight water based blur formula that smoothes for even looking skin tone and texture and skin looks refreshed and revitalised. 
I don't know if there are a few shades to this primer but mines called Cool Rose. This was also £7.99.

And that's it! Please remember I didn't buy all this make up at once! It is over the past month or so. 
Hope you enjoyed reading! 
Think this is my longest blog ever :)))) 



Beauty Blender 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BeautyBlender-Classic-Makeup-Sponge-Applicator/dp/B000HRVC5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406925391&sr=8-1&keywords=Beauty+blender

Eye brush
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007WF1VTA/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1406925463&sr=1&keywords=Lydia+professional

Anastacia BH contour kit 
http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. Heyy, randomly came across your blog, Lovely review, the loreal infallable foundation mini review was great, I LOVE true match and now I want to try Infallable :) lol.

    Im new to the blogging world, please look and follow me,

    emilyldn.blogspot.com

    Love,
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your comment :) I will deffo check out your blog! The Loreal foundation is so good! Xx

      Delete
  2. Woooo thank you!! Do I have to make up questions at the end?? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah u do, just pick 11 questions of your own and select 11 people you want to nominate :) xx

    ReplyDelete