Saturday 24 May 2014

New Make Up Brushes


Hi! Been a while since I posted so felt like it was time for a new post. I posted this picture on Instagram of some new make up brushes I purchased so thought I would share with you some info about them.. 
Ok so I bought these off amazon. There from a company called XCSOURCE. I paid £12.78 for all 10 brushes and also free delivery. So cheap and very quick delivery! I will leave the link below for anyone who is interested! I thought will they be good quality for only £12? But decided to purchase them anyways.

What first drew me to these brushes is the gold on them, I thought they looked so professional for the price. There is different colours in these brushes that you can chose from.. Silver/pink/white, but I loved the gold ones! They instantly reminded me of the sigma brushes, the gold plated ones. I'm not sure if you can purchase the sigma brushes in the UK but I know they are very popular in America. But are kinda pricey! These brushes are so soft! Even softer than my real techniques which I didn't think was possible. But not too soft in the sense they don't give you a nice base. The handles of these brushes are nice and thick which I love and the gold plated part is so shiney. There's no writing on them telling you which brush is which, but for £12 you can't expect too much detail. 

So with this set you get 10 brushes. Each brush had a different purchase. Although You don't have to use each brush for its actual purchase, you can use any brush for whatever you feel applies whatever product you are using best! I'll probably use the smaller brushes for blending eyeshadows! 

Angled Kabuki-Buff cream blush or bronzer onto the skin.
Flat Kabuki -Application of liquid or cream products to flat areas of the face such as the forehead and cheeks.
Round Kabuki-Blend mineral products onto the skin.
Flat Angled Kabuki-Blends foundation easily onto hard to reach areas of the face. Angle fits all areas of the face seamlessly. Works especially well on cheekbones and contours of the nose.
Tapered Kabuki-Apply cream and liquid foundations onto the harder to reach contours of the face.


Precision Round-Apply eye shadow base or primer onto the lid.
Precision Angled-Apply product to areas such as the sides of the nose and the hollows of the cheeks.
Precision Flat Angled-Use for precise application of concealer products anywhere on the face. Works particularly well around the eyes and nose.
Precision Flat-Stipple concealer on sun spots, blemishes, and other small imperfections.
Precision Tapered-Exact placement of concealer in harder to reach areas such as around the eyes and nose, chin, and around the mouth.


All the brushes are synthetic and claims there designed to give a high definition base. I haven't yet used every single brush. However I have used the flat kabuki to apply a BB cream and the tapered kabuki to blend out concealer under my eyes. I knew I would love these brushes! 
They don't leave bristle marks on your face like some makeup brushes do. The flat kabuki blended out my bb cream so nice. And same with the tapered brush, it's just the right size for blending out concealer under the eyes. 
I washed all the brushes before use with baby shampoo and none of my bristles fell out, there just as they was when I purchased them. So far I reckon even though they were only £12 they are defiantly good quality brushes. I'm yet to use the smaller brushes but if there anything like the two I have used there going to be so nice! Can't wait to use them all properly :) 


http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JR2NMC0/ref=s9_simh_bw_p194_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=13CZ15SNR6XYBX72FXE5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=424616907&pf_rd_i=117332031


So that's the link to where I purchased! So if your new to make up brushes and don't want to pay too much I think these would be great. Or even if your just wanting some new makeup brushes! For the price, quality and the packaging I think these are going to be worth it. 
Thanks for reading x



No comments:

Post a Comment