Sunday 24 August 2014

A little haul. MAC, Lush, Essence & More.... ♡



I've picked up some new bits lately (mostly make up) from various brands. 

The first thing I got was this W7 In The Nude Palette. Not going into too much detail about this or do swatches because I am going to do a full post on the palette :) I got this off amazon for £5. 


These next few products I'm so excited about because I believe Essence products have recently come to the UK... I walked into my local Wilkinsons and saw a stand full of their products. They have soooo many things to chose from! I coulda bought a few more bits but I stopped myself. 

Essence all about Matt! Fixing compact powder - this is just a white powder to set your make up and to keep you looking Matt throughout the day. I have one similar by MAC from there prep and prime collection so thought I would try this as it's waaaay cheaper. 

Essence eye shadow - I recently watched a video of GlamLifeGuru which is Tati from YouTube and she was reviewing some Essence products and one product was a eye shadow palette and she said there was a peach shade in the palette which was gorgeous and just that one shade was worth getting the palette for! So I looked through there single shadows and this one caught my eye and it's called Peach Beach. It's a light Shimmery rose gold kinda colour and looks beaut on the lid. It's really pigmented too!

I got two Essence lip liners one in the shade 11 In The Nude and 12 Wish Me A Rose. 
My last product from Essence was a clear lipgloss. I just got this to put over any lipstick to make it look more glossy and shiney! 
By the way Essence is so affordable! I don't think any of these products cost me more than £3. 


I went to Newcastle recently to the biggest shopping mall I've ever been too, Metro Centre. They had this stand with drugstore brands of make up but at a cheap price! 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - I've been wanting a foundation that's more light weight because my skin is improving lately so I don't want as much coverage,and I know these Bourjois foundations are good for light coverage. They only had one shade which was Dark Beige so I don't know if it's going to match me when I've self tanned cause you couldn't test it! It was £3.99 which is less than in boots/Superdrug so it's worth a go! It says it's a gel foundation with 16hours Radience boosting. Can't wait to give it a go! 

W7 The Honey Queen Blush - if you haven't heard of w7, there a brand in the UK who are known for making affordable dupes of high end products. They do bronzers/blushes that are dupes for the brand Benefit! You get a cute little brush with this product and it's great for chizzling out your cheek bones to contour! So don't throw it away haha. This is a mosaic blush with a few different colours, it's so Bronzey and shimmery! I love it. I think this was £1.99. 

This next product is 100% a dupe of the Benefit High Beam. But I think it's by a brand called Technic not w7. Anyway Il have to see if it is as good as the Benefit one as I did used to own it! It's a liquid highlighter with its own applicator. On the back it tells you all the places you can use this product to highlight your face like your cheek bone, brow bone ect. And also says you can mix it with your daily moisturiser for a suttle glow. Which is a great idea. This was also £1.99!


I then nipped into Superdrug for some Toiletries essentials and came across this Make up brand called Revolution. I've never heard of them as we don't have this brand in our superdrugs in Sheffield. It reminded me of the MUA Cosmetic brand because everything was so affordable! Eye palettes for £4, bronzers for £3..  I picked up a concealer it's called Focus & Fix Liquid Concealer. I've got this to highlight with not to conceal, I'm nearly out of my Collection long lasting concealer which is amazing but saw this and thought I'd try something new, I got the shade 02 Fair. This shade was more yellow which I prefer as it's more brightening I find. 
Next product is a Baked Bronzer... It's so pretty! I don't own any bronzers that look like this. This is in the shade Rock On World. I believe it was £3! 

Then I went to MAC, I picked up two more eye shadows for my palette. Which I'm going to do a post on very soon! I posted on MakeUpSocialApp what shades I should get next and everyone said a Matt white and a crease brown colour like soft brown, but unfortunately soft brown isnt available in the UK. I got Blanc Type and Cork. I now have one more space left in my palette eeeeek...

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in the shade Sweet and Sour. I've wanted this for frigggginnm ages! But was always out of stock. Gorgeous light coral!
The lady then gave me a sample of their Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage :) 

My last stop was Lush! 
Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask - I read some reviews on their website about this Face Mask and everyone said how it had made a such a difference to their spot prone skin. Since my skin is getting abit better now I figured I would try this and hopefully make it even more better. I don't own any lush products but I'm excited to try this as it's made from fresh ingredients. You have to keep it fridgearated as it only lasts 3 weeks. It's got lots of ingredients that are going to help clear your skin, such as tea tree, honey, fresh garlic, glycerine and a few more. It was £6.25.

*i didn't take a picture of the face mask as it's in the fridge haha it's just a small tub* 

If you took the time to read this, thank you! Xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment